Position Title: Volunteer Accounts Assistant (2)
Reports to: Finance Officer.
Location: Kampala, Uganda.
Duration: Six Months.
Availability: 1st March 2022
Ecological Christian Organization (ECO) is a national, non-partisan, Non-Governmental Organization legally registered in Uganda under registration (number S.5914/5509). The head offices are located on Plot 19, Naguru Vale Road, Naguru Kampala-Uganda. The organisation aims to improve the quality of life and sustainable livelihoods of the poor and vulnerable groups in Uganda while building a sustainable future. ECO supports communities and the country and global sustainable development agendas through the core programs of Natural Resources Governance, Climate Change and Resilience and Ecosystems Restoration and Management. Find out more at www.ecouganda.org
Job Summary: The Volunteer Accounts Assistant is mainly responsible for ensuring that the projects comply with donor regulations and ECO’s financial controls, policies and procedures. He or she will also support the Finance department to ensure that the projects meet sound financial accountability and International Accounting Standards (IAS).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support project staff to process financial requests.
- Reconcile monthly Bank statement and cashbook payments.
- Update the SAGE Accounting System with transactions and ensure that data entered is correct.
- Assist the finance department with filling and verification of vouchers and ensure proper record keeping.
- Assist the finance department with monthly, quarterly and bi-annual financial reporting
- Participate in all audit processes.
- Support compliance with statutory requirements.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree majoring in Accounting.
- Minimum of three years ‘working experience in accounting preferably in an NGO.
- Practical experience with different accounting packages.
- Effective communication skills.
- Problem solving and decision-making ability.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position title in the subject line of the email, by Friday 18th February, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
ECO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who will not have heard from us by 28th February 2022 should consider their application unsuccessful.