Position Title: Volunteer IT
Reports to: HR Coordinator.
Ecological Christian Organization (ECO) is a national, non-partisan, Non-Governmental Organization legally registered in Uganda under registration (number S.5914/5509). The head offices are located on Plot 19, Naguru Vale Road, Naguru Kampala-Uganda. The organisation aims to improve the quality of life and sustainable livelihoods of the poor and vulnerable groups in Uganda while building a sustainable future. ECO supports communities and the Country and Global sustainable development agendas through the strategic objectives of Climate Resilience, environment and natural resources sustainable livelihoods, Renewable energy and social enterprises and Population, Health and Environment (PHE) integration. Find more about ECO at www.ecouganda.org
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology
- Install software and maintain hardware and peripherals as directed.
- Assist in troubleshooting, diagnosing problems, implementing corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalating to other technical resources as appropriate.
- Provide basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems
- Assist in updating ECO’s website
- Provide support in maintaining IT records.
- Design and implement online marketing strategies across all digital platforms.
- Manage ECO’s social media platforms.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A Minimum Qualifications in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline.
- Relevant professional certification is an added advantage.
- 1-3 years of experience in IT support roles
- Broad knowledge and experience of ICT systems management.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve simple network problems, install, and operate Operating systems and maintain IT documentation.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, and write reports and correspondence.
- Self-motivated team player.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates addressed to the Executive Director and sent to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org , stating the position title in the subject line of the email, Alternatively, Applications can also be physically delivered to ECO offices on Plot 19A Naguru Vale Road, Naguru by Thursday, 30th June, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
ECO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.